WINTER TREATMENT BENEFITS
Our specialist Winter Moss Control and Conditioner
- Gets to work even at low soil temperatures;
- Promotes healthy root growth and;
- Provides nutritional needs including trace elements for plant health.
- Improves winter colour.
Our moss control
- Is Fast Acting,see a difference in 24 hours;
- Reduces moss plants ability to produce spores;
Hardens the plant ready for winter
Now is a great time to apply Soil Improver.
- Improves soil structure and tilth;
- Creates friable soils and builds deeper top-soil;
- Breaks up soils compacted by sodium and clay;
- Allows soil to dry more quickly after rain;
- Enhances friendly bacterial action;
- Helps discourage plant diseases;
- Continued application allows for deeper, healthier root development and water penetration.
Winter Cutting Guide
Suggested cutting frequency - Every 14 -21 days; Never cut more than 1/3rd off in any one cut; Best to cut in the afternoon when the lawn is dry. Recommended cutting height.
For more Winter Cutting Tips
PREPARATION AND AFTERCARE
- For best results cut the lawn a few days prior to our visit.
- Ensure lawns are clear of leavesand obstacles before our call.
- Don’t walk on the lawn if the ground is frosty.
- Rake out blackened moss for improved moss control.
- Ensure lawns are regularly cleared of leaves.
Beneficial Treatments: e.g. Scarification, Aeration and over Seeding
Scarification – For best results, please cut the lawn lower than normal in preparation for our visit, The thatch will be collected, bagged and removed off the lawn for disposal in your green waste.
Aeration – Better results will be enjoyed if the lawn is cut prior to our arrival. The cores are collected, bagged and removed off the lawn for disposal in your green waste.
Over Seeding – The introduction of new grass seed will help invigorate your lawn. For BEST RESULTS, it is important to water the lawn daily until the grass is established normally 10-14 days, and then cut at a high level, this will help thicken the grass.
Note: If you require assistance with the removal of garden waste from your property, we are able to assist with making arrangements with licensed waste carriers.
- Follow the aftercare notes we will leave with you.
- Correct watering of over seeded lawns is essential for germination success.
Patio and Drive Treatments:
- Brush the surface in preparation of our visit.
- Ensure the surfaces are clear of obstacles before our call.
Follow the aftercare notes we will leave with you.